- Accessory Madness!
If you read My Little Pony Collector with any frequency, you are already aware of my obsession with My Little Pony accessories. I love them! I can’t get enough of the tiny toothbrushes, bitty bottles, glittery wands, or Big Brother bandannas. They are just too cute to resist and really fun to sort.
I have a reoccurring dream that I find a huge bin of pony accessories and am filled with happiness because I get to dump them out and figure out which accessory came with which pony. Some people dream about winning the lottery…I dream about grasshopper combs. Don’t judge.
I’ve been meaning to share some photos of my accessory storage organization system ever since I blogged about my Ponywear organization mission. For the first time ever, all of my My Little Pony accessories are organized, I’ve checked them off in my handy dandy My Little Pony G1 Collector’s Inventory book, and I’ve compiled a very detailed wish list for missing items. Now if I only had the spare time to search for the missing items, I’d be set.
I use these handy storage drawer containers made by a company called Akro-Mils. They have a variety of storage products, but I like to use the 24 drawer units. A few years ago, I was able to find them at Target, but the stores in my area no longer carry them. I did find them through Amazon for about the same price I paid.
Every pony set gets its own labeled drawer (in a few cases I have 2 sets share a drawer if there is lots of extra room in a drawer.) Do you notice the pink M Tape? I am still all about my labeler. One of my favorite things!
I assign a small clear baggie to each pony and put their name on the front and then place all of that pony’s accessories inside as I check them off in The My Little Pony G1 Collector’s Inventory
. Currently, I haven’t switched out all of the individual pony baggie labels with M Tape labels yet, but I hope to soon when I have some extra time. I love having all the little pieces correctly marked and easy to find.
Feel free to share your pony organization ideas. I’d love to see what other collector do!
- eBay Assistance
- My Little Pony Collecting
- Our eBay Store
- Priced Nostalgia Press
- Collector’s Inventory Series
- The My Little Pony 2007-2008 Collector’s Inventory
- The My Little Pony 2009-2012 Collector’s Inventory
- The My Little Pony G1 Collector’s Inventory: an unofficial full color illustrated collector’s price guide to the first generation of MLP including all US ponies, playsets and accessories released before 1997
- The My Little Pony G2 Collector’s Inventory: an unofficial full color illustrated collector’s price guide to the second generation of MLP including all US ponies, playsets and accessories released from 1997 to 2003
- The My Little Pony G3 Collector’s Inventory: an unofficial full color illustrated guide to the beginning of the third generation of MLP including all ponies, playsets and accessories released from 2003 to 2007
- The She-Ra Collector’s Inventory: An Unofficial Illustrated Guide to All Princess of Power Toys and Accessories (Includes Price Guide)
- eBay Education Series
- Hilarity Ensues Comedy Company
- Collector’s Inventory Series