The Hess Truck is one of the most beloved holiday traditions not to mention a favorite of collectors for several decades. In celebration of the holiday season, Priced Nostalgia provides the following festive Hess Truck trivia that you can use to amuse your friends and best your enemies!
- The classic “The Hess Truck’s back and it’s better than ever!” jingle from the commercials is to the tune of My Boyfriend’s Back, the 1963 hit for The Angels
- The first Hess Truck came out in 1964 cost just $1.29 and included a battery
- The 2007 Hess Truck cost $21.99
- Hess Trucks still come with a battery to this day. In modern times, it is always an Energizer battery.
- Hess operates out of New Jersey
- Over the years, the Hess Truck has been a space shuttle, planes, jeeps, vans, police patrol cars and other non-standard trucks
- Many of the Hess Trucks are also coin banks
- For some years, Hess released special edition gold grill models only to shareholders and other VIPs that are very sought after by collectors
- Leon Hess created the Hess Truck to give back to his customers by offering a well made toy for the holidays that was a great value
- Some Hess Trucks are very collectible with the original Hess truck often fetching between $1,000 to $2,000 when sold
Priced Nostalgia is please to offer one Hess Truck collector’s entire collection up for auction this week. As always, we will combine shipping whenever possible so the more you buy, the more you save! Take a look at all of our Hess Truck listings.
Want to purchase one of our Hess Trucks as a holiday gift? No problem! As long as payment clears before December 19th, your item will arrive by December 24th!