- “The Good, The Bad, and The Cuddly” exhibit opening at the Frazier Museum
I was invited to attend “The Good, The Bad, and The Cuddly” exhibit opening party yesterday evening at the Frazier Museum. I thought the exhibit was really well orchestrated and it was inventive how they incorporated the Toy Story theme throughout. Many toy lines were represented including vintage G.I. Joe, Masters of the Universe, Star Wars, Barbie, My Little Pony, and many others. The exhibit was very aesthetically pleasing and had an overall gallery feel. Other toy exhibits I’ve attended in the past seem to concentrate more on quantity than quality with items packed into display cases. This was not so with the Frazier exhibit. While I wish there would have been a few more toy lines represented, the presentation was beautifully done.I was able to take the following photo of the My Little Ponies I loaned to the museum in their case as well as a close-up of the mounted information tag. Each toy line had a brief description and history tag.
“The Good, The Bad and The Cuddly runs from now until March 27th 2010.
- My Little Pony Collection is featured in Frazier International History Museum’s Exhibit!
I was asked to loan some of My MLP Collection items to the Frazier International History Museum for their new exhibit, The Good, The Bad, and the Cuddly which will feature toys and art from the Disney/Pixar “Toy Story” movie trilogy, along with other movie-inspired toys. Of course, I was happy to share a portion of my collection with the museum.My husband and I will attend the VIP party and exhibit opening in Louisville, Kentucky this Friday evening. I can’t wait to see the exhibit and am thrilled that My Little pony will be represented!
Here is an excerpt from the Courier Journal about the exhibit:
“Opening November 20, “The Good, The Bad. The Cuddly” will feature toys and art from the Disney/Pixar “Toy Story” movie trilogy, along with other movie-inspired toys.
Produced by Frazier Museum staff, the show is a “toy-stalgic” experience examining”the play things that have entertained generations past through collections of vintage and antique toys, along with original movie story boards, stills and concept art, as well as retro TV clips, interactive games and fun trivia,” according to a news release.
In a hands-on exhibit, “Toy Story” characters tell the story of some of America’s most beloved toys, beginning with the early 2oth Century through present day:
Woody from “Toy Story” narrates facts about Western toys and those inspired by 1950s TV shows, such as “Howdy Doody,” according to the release.
Buzz Lightyear introduces popular space toys from “Star Wars,” “He-Man”/”Masters of the Universe,” “Buck Rogers” and “Flash Gordon.”
Rex introduces dinosaur toys.
Sarge introduces G.I. Joes and toy soldiers.
Girls’ favorites will be on display in Molly’s Room, including Barbie, My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Cabbage Patch Kids, Madame Alexander dolls and tea set collections.
“Sunnyside Daycare” features Teddy Bears and other stuffed animals, in addition to educational toys such as Legos, Lincoln Logs and K’Nex.
The 3,800-square-foot exhibit includes more than 500 toys from the last 75 years.
“The Good. The Bad. The Cuddly” runs through March 27, 2011 and is included with the cost of museum admission.”
- So many updates, so little time!
Since I last posted, the new Friendship Is Magic My Little Pony cartoon debuted on the HUB channel. While I admit I was a little hesitant about the new body style and direction the My Little Pony line was headed, after watching an episode of the new series I’m a fan! I love the storyline and feel that instead of dumbing down MLP for the 3-5 set, Hasbro is now incorporating characters and dialogue that will expand their target audience to include a wider age range.Most of the new toys have yet to make an appearance in my area, but I was able to pick up the Friendship is Magic gift pack at my local Target a few weeks ago. It was such a nice change to actually walk down the toy aisle and get excited about a new pony product!
I hope that the My Little Pony with Pets assortment will be stocked in my area soon as I’m all about their brushable hair.
I’m also looking forward to this set since Applejack is my all-time favorite pony in any generation and she totally deserves her own barn!
- eBay Assistance
- My Little Pony Collecting
- Priced Nostalgia Press
- Collector’s Inventory Series
- The My Little Pony 2007-2008 Collector’s Inventory
- The My Little Pony 2009-2012 Collector’s Inventory
- The My Little Pony G1 Collector’s Inventory: an unofficial full color illustrated collector’s price guide to the first generation of MLP including all US ponies, playsets and accessories released before 1997
- The My Little Pony G2 Collector’s Inventory: an unofficial full color illustrated collector’s price guide to the second generation of MLP including all US ponies, playsets and accessories released from 1997 to 2003
- The My Little Pony G3 Collector’s Inventory: an unofficial full color illustrated guide to the beginning of the third generation of MLP including all ponies, playsets and accessories released from 2003 to 2007
- The She-Ra Collector’s Inventory: An Unofficial Illustrated Guide to All Princess of Power Toys and Accessories (Includes Price Guide)
- eBay Education Series
- Hilarity Ensues Comedy Company
- Collector’s Inventory Series